Friday 7 June 2013

John Merritt, Wood Carver Extraordinaire

This video has been doing the rounds recently but I wanted to post it here so I'd be able to find it easily - and it is well worth sharing too.


I originally came across it on www.thisiscolossal.com which is a fantastic site full of jaw-dropping eye candy and amazing bits and bobs. A must-bookmark site if ever I saw one.

John Merritt carves the most incredible things from a single piece of wood. I don't mean he chops it up into small pieces and builds something from those pieces. I mean literally one piece of wood. Just watch the video and you'll see what I mean. And don't turn it off until you've seen what he does with a matchstick and a toothpick. Amazing!


I had a bit of a hunt around to see if I could find out any more about this talented gent but to no avail. Would be lovely to hear more about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :-)